Saturday, May 31, 2008
The Start of a Great Weekend!
Friday, we had a super fun water day at Maren's. It was nice to relax with a friend. We both received mother of the year awards. We did not put sunscreen on the children. Wyatt and Maren's Lexi both got pretty bad sunburns. Karly got a minor one. The other children somehow escaped the pain.
After our fun in the sun, I went to work at the Crisis Center. I just want to share with everyone how the state is wasting money. I was paid approximately $90.00 to go sit for 8 hours at the shelter, where no children were being housed, just in case someone was brought in. There was also a male staff there, just in case a boy was brought in. He is a full-time counselor and probably makes approximately $130.00 per shift. There has got to be a better way! I reserve these wasteful hours for reading. I started reading a wonderful novel. All I read is novels. I read to escape, not to be educated. I already graduated from school. History in a novel is great, but no non-fiction please. Anyway, it is called Counting Stars by Marjorie Paige Holmes. It was really good, but totally left you hanging. I also wrote a menu for the month of June, made out a grocery list, paid my bills, checked email and read blogs. Awesome state job!
On another note. My training went great this week. I have been using Brady's Zen and he has terrible running music on it. I really need to download some music. I did however find that Live- Throwing Copper is great to run to, as is Def Leppard's Greatest Hits, although you do have to skip the slow songs. Def Leppard actually has the same drum beat through most the songs, so you stay on pace. I didn't realize how upbeat music really lights a fire when you run. I usually enjoy the morning air and the sound of the birds waking up at 6:00 a.m. I must say I love nature. Although, due to wanting to improve my time, I must run with music. Our long run was only 5 miles, but my best pace was 8:45 (must have been the ginormous hill we ran down). My worst pace was 14:15 (must have been the ginormous hill we ran/walked back up). I am loving the cool mornings. Hopefully they will hold out for us.
Oh and Lexi had a 100 degree fever today! Hello, random out of nowhere! What is up with her being sick on Saturday's all of the sudden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Nice to know I'm not the only smart mom out there! Corbin has blisters now everywhere! Neosporin treaments now. I hope Lexi didn't get it as bad with the blisters! If so, that might explain the 100 degree fever. Make sure the burns aren't infected blisters! I got the education today from my MIL. Oh, I like the pic of Bradyn with the ponytail on top of his head!
Sounds like a fun start to the weekend. I agree with Def leppard having great running music. I love to run to some of their songs. I am way impressed with your dedication to stick with your training, Good Job!
I love your bubbly slide show! Sorry to hear about the sunburns..ouch! I'll have to remember to be super diligent with Cameron this summer! Thats weird to hear how the state wastes money like that...you'd think it would be an on call job at best. Congrats on your dedication to running! You inspire me! :) I'm going to start riding my bike to get some exercise ;)
Post a Comment