
School is out and summer is approaching. Thank goodness for the cool spell. I haven't blogged much lately. I came down with a sinus infection over a week ago and it has been kicking my butt. I lost a week of training. It feels like I am starting all over again. My body acts like it has never exercised before. We are continually having discussions. Hopefully, it will kick into gear and I will be back to normal soon.
We had a great weekend. Brady was off Friday through Monday. It is awesome when he isn't working crazy hours. He is a huge help around the house. Of course he walks around dropping hints that I need to notice his help. I kindly thank him and remind him that I do it unnoticed all the time. He was also awesome to help me with a little yard service for someone. It was actually me helping him, because he is the landscape worker. I really appreciated him doing it without complaining.
We had a bbq last night with Maren and her kids. The food was great! Brady loves grilling. I went to bed early and got a whole 8 hours of sleep! YEAH!
Gas prices are depressing me. I feel like we can't plan to go anywhere because it will cost to much. My children are already driving me nuts with their fighting. I guess I need to get the behavior charts out, or I will go crazy. Kudos to them on Sunday though. Every week we have a big discussion about behaving during Sacrament. It goes in one ear and out the other. Sunday they were sooooo good. I wasn't sure whose kids they were. Dad rewarded them with an unexpected treat after church. Hopefully that will motivate them in the future.
Hopefully we will have some fun summer experiences to post and we all won't melt when the heat returns!








5 comments:
YAY for summer! I love BBQs and all the fun stuff that goes with it! and thank heavens for the cool spell, I don't want the heat!! Time for lots of fun trips to well AC'd places! haha Sorry to hear you are sick, thats bad and it takes a while to get back on track. Hope you feel better! When I need help with kids, I am going to call you! You are good at it..hehe
Thanks for the BBQ! It was the best food I've eaten since Kaden was home. We don't get much gourmet when he's gone! I'm not cooking a whole dinner for 1-1/2 people to eat and then hear the whines about leftovers for days! So tell Brady I thoroughly enjoyed myself (I'm sure my plated showed it!). What fun days we have ahead. We better make the best of what Hurricane has to offer with the gas prices and all! But I love the company more than anything!
Sorry to hear about the flu! We had that 2 weeks ago, it's no fun! As soon as I knew Dave & Corb were sick I didn't eat anything for 24 hours so it didn't "hit" me as hard when it showed it's nasty face to me! I hope no one else gets it in your fam!
I know what to do to keep these kids busy this summer. I know how you feel about the prices at the pump. It depresses me, too. I have had it.
Are you already up to 11 miles. You go girl!
Post a Comment