Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finisher!


Waiting for mom at mile 26


Mile 26 Baby!

The 2009 St. George Marathon was an amazing experience for me. I trained to the best of my ability and put my race in God's hands. I attended the temple with friends Tuesday prior the race. My husband gave me a blessing the night before. I had no anxious feelings and was at peace. I took my sister's dietary advice and carb loaded 3 days prior the race and took in plenty of protein. I had a wonderful support group, who I love dearly: My dear husband Brady, no one could have been more supportive, my kids, Becky, Jen, Amy, Traquel, Maren, Melissa, my Mom, Loya, my siblings and all my facebook friends. THANKYOU! I ran a good race with minor pain. I finished just minutes under my goal time 4:57:30. The weather was beautiful. The course was amazing and gorgeous. It didn't seem like I had run for almost five hours. The time just flew by. The energy and excitement at the starting line was awesome. All the volunteers and bystanders that showed up to support the runners and carry us through was truly humbling. I thank God for this wonderful experience and for literally carrying me through.

6 comments:

HanksFam said...

Megan, that is AMAZING! You are my hero!!!

B said...

That is amazing! That is an incredible thing to accomplish. I run 3-4 5Ks every year and I tell you what . . . 3 miles is far enough for me. Congrats!

Nikki said...

Way to go. Congrats!

Deirdra said...

Good job sister!

Amanda Borden said...

Great Job Megan. I am so happy for you!! That is a great accomplishment :)

Tiffani said...

That is so awesome Megan!!! I wish I had it in me. . . but I don't so I will just WISH I could be like you!!