Saturday, January 24, 2009
Happy Birthday to Me!
I have hated my birthdays since my 30th four years ago. I can't pinpoint exactly why. Really, it is just another day and I am just getting older. I wanted to be in my 20's forever. But is that really it? It could be the wrinkles my mother points out and the fact that she gave me anti-wrinkle cream on my 29th birthday. I'm sure she meant well. I can't pinpoint the problem, but I don't like hype on my birthday. I would just like it to quietly pass. Why am I blogging it? To appease everyone else. Apparently it bothers friends and family that I would like this to pass without hype. I am blogging this at midnight while I work a grave shift. I will be back to work the 3-11. My husband takes the day off for his birthday. (He loves getting older or maybe the attention!) I choose to make money and be boring for my birthday. So, for all my friends out there who are bothered that I arranged such a boring day for myself - Happy Birthday to me! Thanks for the shift Destri! If anyone feels so inclined to deliver peanut free chocolate to my house, I would not complain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Well I am at least going to say Happy Belated Birthday.
Happy Birthday Megan! You look great!
I agree about the no-birthday hype. I'm going to be 3-5 this year and there's just something about getting into those upper-30 numbers ;(
Happy Birthday anyway....look at it this way....you'll always be younger than me ;)
Post a Comment