Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Screw From My Knee!


I had the screw removed from my knee Tuesday. I can't believe how big it is. No wonder it bugged me. I talked the doctor into removing it in his office. It wasn't a big deal, but definitely hurt once I got home and the novocaine wore off. A HUGE thanks to Dr. Smith. This used to be an in office procedure until some wimpy people freaked out and they upgraded it to a hospital procedure. I saved $275.00 by the doctor removing it in his office. (The insurance would have paid $1500.00)You won't see my running ticker move until after Christmas. I am supposed to be good as new by then.
Lexi was cute this morning. Brady was taking them to the golf course to sled and of course I couldn't go. I was invited to come along and sit in the car. Lexi said in a very loving concerned for my welfare voice: "Mom, bring a book so you won't be bored." I complied and read while they ripped up the golf course for 20 min.
I love the snow. How funny is it that we have no snowplows and have to cancel school for 3 inches of snow! Merry Christmas from the school district!

5 comments:

Sara said...

How are you feeling? I hope good. That procedure dosen't sound fun. I love the snow, too. I couldn't believe I was out playing in it with the kids at 9am.

laceeJ said...

aren't those screws made out of titanium? You need to get some $ out of them! My SIL just had screws put into her collarbone when she broke it and they were like $300 each, maybe more! I hope you're feeling better!

fourangels said...

I won't complain again about having the screw taken out of my foot! It was at least half that size! I thought I was going to die and almost passed out. I only had local anesthesia and nobody reminded me that local doesn't take away pain you can feel especially right into the bone. You are much more brave than me! Plus I was trying to be brave because I worked at the place that did my surgery! Boy was I a wimp! I'm glad everything went well. And thanks again for telling me about it! NOT!

Melanie said...

Wow! That's a big screw girl. Why did they put that in your knee in the first place?? I hope you'll be as good as new after Christmas, that way you can keep inspiring me to exercise and jog!

Deirdra said...

Yikes! And I'm glad you enjoyed the snow from the car. Lexi is a cutie!