Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bradyn's First Major Ouch!














It was a sad day for Bradyn. We were having an awesome time at the park. All was going grand, and then just before it was time to go somebody had to get hurt. I was pushing kids on the swings. I set Bradyn down thinking, I'll push these two quick and pick him back up. Well he apparently didn't want to sit their. I turned around after the first push, he was sitting. I turned around after the second push, he was walking straight to Wyatt who was high in the sky and coming down. He obviously couldn't stop himself, I couldn't get to Bradyn fast enough so he turned into a bowling pin. It was so sad. The swing hit him right in the head, making him do an involuntary back flip. Poor Wyatt was thinking it was his fault and after much talking and reassuring, he was cool with the fact that it was moms fault. Needless to say the kids were awesome and piled in the van faster than I could have imagined, no complaints whatsoever. I dropped them off to Brady and rushed Bradyn into the ER. His eye was bleeding, but I could tell that it wasn't in need of help. His mouth was bleeding, but it looked like he had bit his tongue. He was holding his head and bawling, I would have too. His nose was (is) hugely swollen making his eyes look weird. I thought for sure he had a concussion. Turns out he is fine. Some pain medicine and a few x-rays later it was confirmed that his nose was broke, and we were referred to the plastic surgeon who will decide next week if we need surgery. Let's pray we don't. The ER doc said the break did not go to one side or the other, just back. If we are lucky it won't look deformed and will heal without putting my 21 month old through nose surgery. That my friends was the tragedy of the day. Not necessarily what I wanted to blog for the day, but am grateful it wasn't worse. The doctor did say he will have bad black eyes and more swelling in the morning. If it looks a lot worse, I will post more photos.Stressed me out, but were good now. The rest of the day was great fun. When re-telling the story to my brother and his wife I was discussing how slow it replays in the head, and I don't see why I couldn't run fast enough to get Bradyn to safety. Wyatt was listening and said "I wish you were a kid." Very puzzled I asked why and he replied "cause you could have run faster." So had I been a kid, he would be ok. Kids say the darndest things!

6 comments:

fourangels said...

So Megan forgot to mention the part where she was playing SuperMom and watching 7 kids, mine and hers. I'm indebted to you, you know!

Anonymous said...

Well megan called me said I needed to be outside to look at Bradyn he was hit in the nose at the park. So I went outside look at the bridge of Bradyn's nose and said it's broken and take him to the ER. Well hopefully he won't end up looking like Ian Laperriere (hockey player for the Avalanche.) I felt so bad for him but he is still all smiles.BRADY

laceeJ said...

poor little boy! Ouch!

Deirdra said...

Oh my goodness that is so sad. I will have to call you.

Tiffani said...

Poor kid, he is going to look like one tough kid when both eyes are black. At least he is still smiling. what cutie.

Lianna Black said...

Owie! :( poor little guy! I am sorry to hear he got hurt. I hope and pray he will be ok and there will be no surgery! He's a tough one though and I hope he feels better soon!