Surgery was a success. I am glad I listened to the doctor and went ahead with the surgery. It did definitely break and smash everything. If we had not had the surgery it may have grown wrong and caused problems.
He was very sad when I handed him to the anethesiologist. That was rough! They came and got us when surgery was done and he was awake. They didn't have to tell me what room he was in, I could hear him as soon as I walked through the double doors. Why don't they come get you before they wake up? Especially at that age? He just wanted all the crap off him and to get out of there. They finally let us go without him drinking anything. He wasn't about to do what they wanted. He fell asleep in the car immediately after drinking his juice and slept for three hours. He woke up sad, but by the time we picked up kids from school he was happy. He touches his nose and says ow! He hasn't tried to pull the splint off, so keep your fingers crossed. Thanks for all your prayers and support! They are much appreciated.








5 comments:
Bradyn is such a trooper.
Glad it all went well
my nose aches with sympathy pains for him! Ouch! Oh, I'm glad COrbin was good today at school.:) I ask Toni when I go to pick him up how things go and she doesn't always have the same report that Lexi does...hmm..:)
Poor little guy. I think it would break my heart to hand over my child for surgery. So so sad! He looks cute with his little nose splint on. I'm glad it went well and hopefully will heal like a charm, and very quickly! Give him a snuggle from Aunt Dearie
Handing your baby over to the anesthesioligist is so hard! :( When Cameron had surgery I cried after I did that, so sad - I am so glad that everything went well for him and I have sympathy pains as well for him, poor baby!! We will keep him in our prayers.
i thought of you often on Wednseday and wondered how things were going for you and Bradyn. Mostly you because I think it is almost harder on the mom. Kids are resilient and bounce back so quick it is us that take longer to recover from the trauma that happens to our kids. glad to hear everything went so well.
Post a Comment