Lexi has a friend at school who bought some fake nails and inspired Lexi to do the same. Well, not everything is as glamorous as it may seem. She earned $10.00 working a lemonade stand with her brother so off to Family Dollar we went. She insisted on the glue on kind. $4.00 later we were headed home. I got them on her and she said they hurt, she couldn't pick anything up, or pull up her pants. Drama meltdown time! She was sobbing because she wanted them off. I tried to get her to leave them on for a day so her money wasn't totally wasted, but it was useless. I did my best to get them off, but you glue them on with super glue. We got a couple off, but I ended up cutting them down short. She was sobbing while convincing herself it was ok that they didn't work. She said "Sometimes they work for people and sometimes they don't. At least I tried them." Oh to be a girl. Has she not realized that beauty is often painful? When she woke up this morning she said she wants to go back to the dollar store and get the ones for little girls. Really????
Friday, March 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment