Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lexi's First Big Bicycle Crash, Ouch!


If I had been a mean mom, I would have made her stand there and cry while I got a picture of the blood oozing down her leg, the huge tears and look of defeat on her face, but I did what any good mom would have done and cleaned her up before taking photos. She just learned to ride without training wheels a couple months ago. Yes, I know she is six, and normally really brave, but not so much with the bike. Now that she has learned she freaks me out. She is a speed demon and it would not surprise me to see her going off jumps. Thank goodness she always wears her helmet. Wyatt came running into the house Saturday freaking out: "Mom, come quick, Lexi is hurt really bad." I always wonder what I will find when my children say this. I go outside to see the neighbor lady walking Lexi and her bike around the corner. We got her cleaned up and one hour later, she was riding again.



Lexi is a major manipulator and realized she could milk this for all it was worth. She had her brothers waiting on her hand and foot. This girl has it all figured out!

1 comment:

fourangels said...

Poor thing! I couldn't believe how big it was. She is sure a trooper. I wish you could have seen her rollerblading at my house. Yes, rollerblading and trying to hold scissors at the same time. I ran as fast as I could to tackle the situation. Gotta love her!