
Today was the Butch Cassidy 10k Race. This is the van full of women that enjoyed the run. Yeah to Maren, for running her very first 10k. She rocked! Yeah to Becky for having an awesome run! Yeah to Stef and Tiff for being really fast considering Tiff's comment "I'm so slow." Yeah to Traquel and Dustin (not pictured) I don't know Traquel's time, but I think they beat us all.
I really enjoyed the trail. The hills were not a big deal, contrary to what I thought they would be. It definitely pays to do some hill training. Negatives regarding the race: my Garmin wasn't working. I had to reset it around mile 1.5, but it did start working after that. One of my headphones shorted out, so I only had music in one ear. I really don't like hearing everyone's footsteps and breathing. Last of all, I got a horrid knife pain right under my sternum around mile 2 and the only way to make it stop was to walk for 1 mile. I was able to recover, but had to run slower to keep it from recurring. I could have probably cut at least 12 minutes off my time if I hadn't of had that happen. I am thankful that I finished, beat my goal time and didn't fall and break my leg on the dirt road! I will definitely run it again next year. Thanks girls for a fun day. Next year, slumber party!








3 comments:
Hooray for you, Megan! Way to go. You are a great example. Keep it up, girl.
Yeah, I'm thinking next year will be great too! You were awesome! Glad we could all do it together. Thanks for the memories! I'm so proud of you and your time considering all the setbacks!
You go girl! I need to find some jogging buddies....I'm lone ranger out here. I'm nowhere near 10k quality, but I sure enjoy it :)
Post a Comment