
Brady and I watched a great movie that every runner should watch. It is called Run Fatboy Run. It is PG-13. Be warned there is one f-word and two shots of an ugly naked butt. It is an awesome running movie. It relates to us runners who have hit the proverbial running wall, the motivation behind finishing the race and the friends you make along the way. I loved it! They even threw a spin class scene in. What fun! It was a comedy, although I was trying really hard not to cry in several parts because I could relate. I've been there! It does such an awesome job of portraying the runners wall. You are just cheering him on wanting him to break through it. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.
I literally made myself run 4 miles on Thursday. I had the wall with me the whole time. I didn't give up and stop at two. I kept going. The wall started coming down the last mile. I don't know why it is so hard to pick back up. I have only been able to run one or two days a week with my current schedule and it sucks. Spin class has even been rough. My body acts like we have been on vacation for a year. But I keep pushing, it is so rewarding and worthwhile. Thought for the day. "Steady feet don't fail me now, I'll become what I can't be!"
Love to all my fellow runners! I hope to see you at the Butch Cassidy race November 1.








4 comments:
I love your background! So was this a redbox rental? If so, I will be looking for it. Good job Meg, your awesome!
I just want to congratulate you on being able to work some exercise in. You're so busy. That's a motivator for me. If you can do it, so can I! Thanks!
I am so in on the Butch Cassidy Race! Are you diong the 10k? I was talking to some people who did it last year and they said that they had more prizes than they had people to run. I was like sweet, I could win a prize? That never happens! I am so not fast enough!
I admire you Megan for your dedication to running. I bet it was nice to find a movie that illustrated how some of the challenges feel that runners face. I am hoping to get active and lose lots of weight and eventually get into running myself. Thanks for the example of dedication!
Post a Comment