Monday, July 21, 2008

Wolrds Best Babysitter . . . NOT!


I wasn't going to blog this, but when I got all the info. from my niece, I just had to. My dad watched Bradyn and Lexi and my niece and nephew Friday night while I went to Music Man. I figured he could handle an hour and a half. He did raise five kids. We get home and my 7 year old niece, Rilee, tells us that the boys went into the garage and broke something, but grandpa got them and they were ok. Alright, no big deal, I should have locked the door, but didn't think about it. When Rilee's parents came back Sunday from their trip, Rilee wants to "act out" what happened when grandpa babysat. She lays down on the couch and closes her eyes and said "grandpa was laying here like this resting his eyes, I came and told him the boys were playing in the garage and had broke something." She then jumps off the couch and said, "grandpa fast walked" and heads toward the garage. We were dying laughing. We all know my dad falls asleep and its a big joke. Rilee is his little bud and he has her so snowballed because she is defending him. "He wasn't asleep, just resting his eyes." What's the difference dad? Anyway, next time grandpa babysits we will definitely leave one of the older children with him. Thanks Dad, luckily no one put the glass in their mouth or got cut. Someone was watching out for the babies, even though you weren't!

5 comments:

Lianna Black said...

I heard that is what Sean'd grandpa used to do LOL loves kids but to tired to play with them or watch out for them - several grandkids got away and ran down the street!!! LOL thank goodness no one was hurt. Thats a funny post...love ya Dad but come on now! haha - I wanted to clarify my raspberry post...I didn't throw them out, I ate them! LOL I wasnt about to let some yucky earwhig ruin it for me LOL I figure he has already wandered all over my berries so whats the difference? haha cameron eats dirt out there and I always freak..new moms do I guess...next kid I will just laugh at them i bet...haha Love ya friend!

Hardy Family said...

We still love him all the same. So true w/him & Rilee isn't it?

Deirdra said...

I love dad! We all survived and I'm sure the grandkids will (that's because he'll be supervised by the older kids!)

Tiffani said...

Sounds like Kory's idea of babysitting! Awesome job on your 9 mile run! That is so Awesome! Wo/what the heck is/are Jon and Sammy?!

fourangels said...

Sounds a lot like my dad. Does he give Snickers Bars for dinner too? I'm just glad I didn't get tattled on too! Seriously, the girls falling off the teeter-totter happened within the first 5 minutes of you leaving. I was sure it was going to be h*** the rest of the night, but that was it. We got over it, well besides Rilee, and ended up having a really great time. That's my opinion anyway!