Monday, June 23, 2008

Kids and Secrets!



Wyatt came home from church yesterday and said he had a secret and we would just have to figure out what it was. I kind of forgot about it. This morning we were sitting at the piano, practicing guitar. He said, "Mom you can't tell anyone this, except dad." He whispered in my ear (even though no one was around) "I am the peacemaker." He then gave me the most proud, yet humble happy smile. He was so tickled with himself. As I reflected on the last 16 hours, I realized he really had been making an effort to do what his primary teacher had challenged. I can't believe he is going to be baptized in a month. He is such a sweet spirit! I am so thankful that he is mine.

4 comments:

Lianna Black said...

What a wonderful little boy, and what a lucky mom you are. These children sure teach us a lot, thats for sure. Way to go Wyatt, you are awesome!

laceeJ said...

that's awesome! LOVE IT!

Jared said...

He is so handsome! I also can't believe he's going to be baptized.

fourangels said...

I think it's funny that I waited until today to catch up on your blog! The kids were asking me why I had cried and yelled yesterday. Then Lexi said that she was the peacemaker. Then she asked what a peacmaker was. Before I could respond Karly answered. Yes, Karly. She said it's someone who makes everyone else feel better. I couldn't believe her. We really are humbled aren't we. Don't worry I asked for forgiveness last night about yelling.