
I was hoping to take my mother to Nebraska to visit her mom and stop in Denver along the way. Unfortunately, she is staying longer than I will be able to. In the excitement of hoping to go, I made a list of what I love about Denver. I lived in the Denver area until I was 7 and 11 months. I then moved back to Denver three days after High School graduation to start college. After a series of unfortunate circumstances I had to leave and move back to St. George 2 years later. I have always wanted to move back, but it has never worked out. I decided I had to post the reasons I love the Mile High City. I obviously thought of more than 10.
1. The tattered cover - It is the most awesome bookstore in the whole world.
2. The malls
3. The Rocky Mountains- I always know which way is West. The Rockies mark it like the light from a lighthouse in the middle of the ocean.
4. My Grandmother, she is 90 and very much alive.
5. The Glenwood Pass - It is amazingly beautiful
6. Snow! Cold! Snow! Cold! It is the only place you can randomly get snow in July. (Other than Alaska)
7. Perfect Summer weather
8. Paying $20.00 a person so my sister could watch Tiger Woods play golf(she had a crush on him)
9. The outlet stores in Castlerock
10. The Rockies – They rock and there is nothing better than sitting in the rock pile with friends watching a game. Well maybe sitting behind the press box between third plate and home, because the attorney you work for wasn’t using his season tickets.
11. The Avalanche – I love Hockey. What other sport can you legally fight in? Besides boxing, wrestling etc.
12. The concerts- I have seen many a good concert in Denver. I was lucky enough to catch the pick that Nuno Bettencourt (from Extreme) threw into the audience. I was nice and gave it to my brother, who plays the guitar. I am sure he lost it. Wish I still had it.
13. Phantom of the Opera – It was the first time I saw it and boy did I ever fall for the phantom. I wore black velvet that night.
14. The Nutcracker- everyone should see the real professional version. St. George is fine, but you’ll know what I mean.








4 comments:
I have only been to Denver once and that was only because we were catching a connecting flight there. So I only saw the airport. But your blog makes me wonder why I have never thought of going there just for fun. It sounds like a great trip!
I lived in Littleton when I was really small so I don't remember it but I have always loved Colorado! I bet Denver is just wonderful! Someday I will con Sean into taking me, based on your blog I think its a must! hehe Have a great trip! :)
I love Denver too! I was just out there over Memorial day and actually shopped at the Castlerock outlets. I think that the Devil's Head fire lookout should also be on your list of favorite things...it was beautiful!
Denver is a great place and really Tiger Woods was totally worth the 20 bucks he is still SO beautiful! The outlets are great, the pass, grandma, hockey. Yeah, pretty much all you listed does make Denver so fun.
Post a Comment